Saturday, July 30, 2005

Chess

Chess - what a wonderful game is it. I am inspired yet unfulfilled by this game.

Chess has been played my millions and millions of souls throughout time immemorial. Even computers have joined in the fray, yet nor they nor us can unlock the hidden possibilities in this wonderful game. The variations ae numerous. The opportunity exciting.

Playing chess is fighting a mental battle with a worthy opponent. If you rmind is well prepared, you may win the game and your rating increases. If your opponent is well prepared and hungrier than you are, then you're in for a fight. This mental battles can be quick, it can be long. You always make your move anticipating your opponents response. You try to guess his plans. What is he up to? Is she going after my lonely pawn?

When you win, the feeling is magnificent. When you lose, it hurts. I've won, I've lost my share of games. I try to learn from my games, but progress is slow. I yearn to study but time escapes me. Life is pulling me in all directions.

My wife plays chess on this wonderful web based website, Gameknot. Look her up. Her handle is ctrl-reset. She's a fiery player, although she doesnt have the composure, yet, to win the mind battles. She's getting there, slowly.

Gameknot is a good place to play for the young and the old. The community there is well manerred. The players are professional. There's clubs, tournament, forums, mini tournaments, and most importantly, the fiends that you make over time.

Dont believe what I say, just take a peek for yourself. Membership is free, limited to 20 games and tournaments; paid memberships allows you to enter into the gruelling league and start/join mini-tournaments and clubs.

See you there....


No comments: