Sunday, August 21, 2011

Who's Your Limo Driver?

Archbishop Murphy Pakiam (the Catholic Archbishop of Malaysia) was returning to Kuala Lumpur after a speaking engagement. When his plane arrived, there was a limousine there to transport him to his home in Bukit Nanas. As he prepared to get into the limo, he stopped and spoke to the driver. "You know" he said, "I am almost 50 years old and I have never driven a limousine. Would you mind if I drove it for a while?" The driver said, "No problem. Have a go at it."

Archbishop Pakiam gets into the driver's seat and they head off down the highway. A short distance away sat a rookie Traffic Police operating his first speed trap. The long black limo went by him doing 140 in a 110 km/h zone. The police office pulled out and easily caught the limo and got out of his patrol car to begin the procedure. The young officer walked up to the driver's door and when the glass was rolled down he was surprised to see who was driving. He immediately excused himself and went back to his car and called his supervisor.

He told the supervisor, "I know we are supposed to enforce the law but I also know that important people are sometimes given certain courtesies. I need to know what I should do because I have stopped a very important person."

The supervisor asked, "Is it the Prime Minister?"

The young trooper said, "No, he's more important than that."

The supervisor said, "Oh, so it's the King?"

The young trooper said, "No, he's even more important than that."

The supervisor finally asked, "Well then, who is it?"

The young trooper said, I think it's Jesus because he's got Archbishop Murphy Pakiam for a chauffeur!!


No comments: