Friday, November 20, 2009

Why Google Still Gives Better Search Results Than Microsoft's Bing?


 
The two screen capture shots above show the results of the search query "sony mp3 players what is AVLS".

I wanted to know what AVLS was. On my wife's Sony MP3 player, the AVLS word blinks on the LCD display whenever I increase the volume above a certain level. I thought this was a Sony feature, so I tried searching first on Bing and then on Google.

And as predicted, the first four results from Google had the answers to my query but I couldnt find a single answer from the first 10 results returned by Bing. Bing displayed everything about Sony but nothing about AVLS.

I guess that explains the quality of brains behind Google's search algorithm as compared to Microsoft's search team. 


No comments: