Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Mothers Against Drunk Driving

Mothers Against Drunk Driving is aiming to get 5000 signatures on this. If you believe against drunk driving, do us all a favor and send this to others :

WENT TO A PARTY, MUM

(Please read all the way to the bottom and sign your
name)


 


 


I
went to a party,




And remembered what you said.         You told me not
to drink, Mom         So I had a sprite instead.


 


I
felt proud of myself,




The way you said I would,         That I didn't drink
and drive,         Though some friends said I should.


 


I
made a healthy choice,




And your advice to me was
right,        The party finally
ended,         And the kids drove out of sight.


 


I
got into my car,




Sure to get home in one piece,         I never knew
what was coming, Mom         Something I expected
least.


 


Now
I'm lying on the pavement,




And I hear the policeman say,         The kid that
caused this wreck was drunk,         Mom, his voice
seems far away.


 


My
own blood's all around me,




As I try hard not to cry.         I can hear the
paramedic say,         This girl is going to die.


 


I'm
sure the guy had no idea,




While he was flying high,         Because he chose to
drink and drive,         Now I would have to die.


 


So
why do people do it, Mom




Knowing that it ruins lives?         And now the pain
is cutting me,         Like a hundred stabbing knives.


 


Tell
sister not to be afraid, Mom




Tell daddy to be brave,         And when I go to
heaven,         Put " Mommy 's Girl" on my
grave.




Someone should have taught him,




That it's wrong to drink and drive.         Maybe if
his parents had,         I'd still be alive.


 


My
breath is getting shorter, Mom




'm getting really scared.         These are my final
moments,         And I'm so unprepared.


 


I
wish that you could hold me Mom,




As I lie here and die.         I wish that I could say,
"I love you, Mom!"         So I love you and
good-bye.





MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Drivers) IS HOPING TO GET
5,000

SIGNATURES ON THIS,
THEN PASS IT ON TO SIGN.

When this petition has reached 5,000, please return it to:

MADD

P.O. Box 541688

Dallas, TX75354-1688

1-800-GET-MADD (1-800-438-6233)

No comments: