Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Quote

I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestionable ability of man to elevate his life by a conscience effort. Henry David Thoreau

Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. William Jennings Bryan

I shall not remain insignificant, I shall work in the world for mankind....I don't want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I've never met. I want to go on living, even after my death! Anne Frank

I can't believe that God put us on this earth to be ordinary. Lou Holtz

Greatness after all, in spite of its name, appears to be not so much a certain size as a certain quality in human lives. It may be present in lives whose range is very small. Phillips Brooks

Let us consider the nature of true greatness in men. The people who can catch hold of men's minds and feelings and inspire them to do things bigger than themselves are the people who are remembered in history….. those who stir feelings and imagination and make men struggle toward perfection. Henry Eyring

You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand. Woodrow Wilson

Everyone has the power for greatness, not for fame but for greatness, because greatness is determined by service. Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: