Friday, September 02, 2005

Michael Owen

As predicted, Michael Owen doesnt come to Liverpool. The club would lose its principles if it went after a player who deserted them when they needed him the most. No one player is bigger than a club, especially a club like Liverpool. It is an honour to play for Liverpool, not the other way around, like what Michael thinks.

He can be, and in fact, from when I have read, is a nice guy. But to turn your back on Liverpool is something no die-hard Liverpool fan will do, just ask Steven Gerrard.

My prediction : Owen will only spend at most 2 seasons with Newcastle, I am not surprised if its only one season. Newcastle sold Jermain Jenas because they thought that Scott Parker can fill Jenas shoes - I dont think so. But as I do not know much about Parker, I shall reserve my judgement. Newcastle, like Liverpool when Houllier was around, had players but didnt have a team. A team is players playing together. A team not playing together is not a team, just a gathering of players.

I wish Michael Owen well, and maybe after a year or two, hope he will be back with Liverpool. But I wish more for LIverpool's success than of his.

Liverpool is immortal, Michael Owen is Not.


- www.sgfelken.com --

No comments: