Friday, September 09, 2005

Lighthouse in Westkapelle


Lighthouse in Westkapelle, originally uploaded by automat.

When I was almost finished shooting this an old woman came up to me and explained that she had written a poem (in Dutch; it can be found on a plaque by the waterfront) about the history of Westkapelle's two lighthouses: What we see here is the more recent one built in the 19th century while the older stems from the 15th century. Now, the interesting thing is that the signals of the two lighthouses form a common line at every third round of the older one.
When I was editing this picture it turned out that one of the actions I ran on it produced this heavy light on the left side of the tower, so I decided to keep it to allude to what I had learned two weeks ago...

No comments: