Thursday, September 04, 2008

Is Life Racing By?



Is life racing by you?

Last night something made me think about life and I realized that I've been the same for the last 4 years. 4 long years or 1450 days or 35,000 hours or 126 million seconds has gone by and yet I have not achieved anything significant in my life. Thank God I dont have ALS or any other disease that makes me an invalid who preys on other people's goodwill but other than a great job, wonderful wife, horrible traffic, what do I have to shout about? Others my age have done something significant in their lives, like working on the human genome project, or building the next spacecraft that will take man to the outer limits of space but I have dont nothing of those sort. I have sacrificed my dreams for a comfortable, a very comfortable living.

I was so caught up in the rat race that I hadn't realized that 35 thousand hours have passed by and I have aged but other than the books that I have read, I am still the same old me. I havent done anything significant in my life. At this rate, I'll just end up being one of the 6 billion people in the world who lived and never did anything for humanity. There's close to 6 billion people in the world today and everyone's thinking about themselves. Humans are a very selfish creature. The exceptions to it are those who see the world as a small village and do their best to make others live a better live. I want to be the exception.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: