Tuesday, December 13, 2005

the view off the 31st Street bridge @ sunset

the view off the 31st Street bridge @ sunset

I spent most of my day printing images for people (sorry for the delay) with my friend and fellow Pittsburgh photographer Rob Strovers...as he was giving me a lift back to the Friendship section of Pittsburgh he abruptly stopped his VW on the 31st Street bridge to shoot some images of a fine looking sunset and a view of Pittsburgh I had not really taken notice of before...

It's not the most incredible image of Pittsburgh, but in the foreground is the housing development on Washington's Landing, in the middle ground are the smoke stacks of the Heinz manufacturing facility, and in the background the fiery reddish/orange-ish hues of a Pittsburgh sunset in mid December. I liked the snow atop the houses on Washington's Landing and the smoke trailing across the frame...

I highly suggest visiting Rob's site and contacting him if you are in need of any printing, matting and framing work. He's one helluva great person and a serious professional, and it's worth giving your hard earned $ to a local Pittsburgher who cares about quality and a job well done.

I am off all week, I start a new job with a new company next Monday so I hope to spend a majority of my time shooting images and sleeping in as late as my internal body clock will allow.

No comments: